Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T15:15:04+00:00

    I think this particular question deals with chats and/or meeting chats that ARE within a team's channel. I'm working within teams, and sometimes I need to capture the chats that are NOT a meeting, and sometimes I need to capture the chat that is within a meeting but is not the recorded transcript.

    Someone above suggests going to the web browser version of Teams, using ctrl A, ctrl C, then ctrl V to paste elsewhere, but my result is just a small part of the chat, not the entire chat, so that doesn't work for me.

    To CyndiLW, not sure if I understand - if your chat is not within Teams, where is the chat that you are trying to copy? Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-12T15:50:16+00:00

    Thank you so much! Phew... learn something new every day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T16:09:44+00:00

    This option does include text, but does not capture any images (screenshots) that are essential to the copy and paste of info. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T09:17:04+00:00

    Any update on this Microsoft? It's such a useful action for those of us that need to create a record of meetings. Please act on it soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-24T08:38:42+00:00

    Go here and vote to add this feature:

    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/7bcdd081-a848-ec11-a819-002248501e37

    Thanks for this - I've added a comment :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments