Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T09:02:10+00:00

    This doesn't work for me. CTRL-A only goes back so many pages. If the chat is 10's of pages this doesn't work.

    Microsoft please please provide ability to export.

    This is basic stuff really!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T03:09:31+00:00

    I just want to point out that people seem to be referring to different scenarios in this thread. Specifically I'm looking for a feature where you can export or at minimum select all of the chat and copy / paste. This would be for a meeting that is NOT within a TEAMs channel (which is very common). I tried to click on the link to "upvote" the suggestion but I get a 404 error (does MS think they have fixed this?).

    Our organization's IT policies do not record / store conversations (I won't go into the reasons) so I'm asking if this is part of the issue?

    Honestly, I'm shocked that something so basic has not yet been addressed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-23T19:51:16+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-16T07:42:41+00:00

    You can paste the copied text as plain text. This way the emoticons won't show up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Didi 15,515 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-07-05T00:40:07+00:00

    Hi AbigailEEC,

    My name is Didi, an Independent Advisor.

    We can use the Content Search eDiscovery tool in the compliance center in Office 365 or Microsoft 365 to search for in-place items such as instant messaging conversations, email, and documents in our organization.

    You may contact your Office 365 admin to help you export them.

    Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...

    Content search:

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/...

    I hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Didi

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments