Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-19T18:57:33+00:00

    This still doesn't work. Why not have an export chat feature? I can select it all and copy and it still doesn't select all. Teams meeting, not an inside chat discussion, and short of digging it out of the backend there isn't another option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-10T18:00:59+00:00

    only semi-workable way i've found is to screen clip (shift + win + S), paste image into onenote, then right click on image and 'make image text searchable'.

    yawn.

    bring back Lync. fully installed, it was the business.

    all this stuff and more worked properly.

    and the interface was much more useable.

    and the conversations were shown in outlook.

    teams really seems to be pretty noddy from a business point of view.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-10T06:03:56+00:00

    still amazing that nobody of Microsoft is reacting to this article. Introducing chat as a new feature without proper tooling feels like buying a car without a speedometer. Hello Microsoft, where are you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-27T14:28:01+00:00

    Hi Abigail

    I've found a way! Although someone referred to a meeting not in a channel?! I didn't see you mention that yours was outside of a channel, but if so this probably won't work sorry!

    In the Channel, in Posts, you have the meeting:

    Hover over the 3 dots highlighted and the emojis appear and another 3 dots. Click those 3 dots.

    Then select Share to Outlook.

    I thank you!
    Davin

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T12:37:04+00:00

    I found a work around opening teams in the browser instead. Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Ctrl V and done. Such a relief.

    Oh my goodness - I can't wait to go try this. 

    Thank you so much.  

    Trying now -  there must be a little more to it. Which browser are you using? Using Chrome and Edge, I have a very large chat displayed. Ctrl A does nothing. Hoping there was something simple omitted from your steps. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments