Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-29T10:29:34+00:00

    Microsoft, get the copy ability from the chat window back! it is impossible to copy all the attendee's records and chat text now but was possible before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-15T15:42:24+00:00

    Thanks Eric. It is so frustrating. I feel like I am in the '90s trying to copy and paste the discussion string out of a meeting discussion. easier to do on a private chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-23T19:05:07+00:00

    Unfortunately, this doesn't work for meetings that happen outside of a teams channel. I know, I have tried repeatedly, and the only option that works is a really labor intensive copy and paste process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T20:01:01+00:00

    Abigail,

    There is a chat pop out feature that will allow you to Ctrl-A and copy and paste into a word doc. I just tested it successfully.

    Thanks,

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T08:10:02+00:00

    Hi Brian,

    Thanks - I can't see how to get the chat to pop out and also I seem to have different options to you on my version when I go back to rejoin the original meeting. The chat button just makes the chat box appear on the side and I can't use control A successfully. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Abigail

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments