Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-07T01:11:26+00:00

    I have a Savi 8200. When I use it on Teams, I am not able to mute from the headset or screen/app. It mutes and then a second later unmutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-24T17:26:53+00:00

    Did you happen to find any solution, James? Having the exact same issue and firmware/driver updates don't seem to make a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-12T21:51:58+00:00

    I have the Plantronics - Savi 8220 Microsoft certified version. I have been using it for over a year perfectly fine. Yesterday, the mute button on the mic arm stopped working. Nothing has changed on my computer (no updates, add or removes).

    I don't even know what the problem is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-14T15:59:07+00:00

    I have the exact same issue with my Savi headset

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-17T12:11:05+00:00

    Same issue (trying to mute, unmute happens right after on its own), so not able effectively to mute Savi 8220 with Teams. With other applications the mute function works all fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments