Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-22T00:08:40+00:00

    I have both a Savi W820 and now a Savi 8220, and both of them started doing this.  It's not just the one headset nor just the one client.  This is a problem now (6/21/2021) and has been for several weeks (since before I got the new headset).

    The headset has been re-paired with the base, but of course the connection to the computer is a hardwired USB so that isn't a pairing issue there.  Like others, my mute/unmute works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-22T17:12:32+00:00

    I am the OP of this issue and thought I'd post a status update.  

    Since early October 2020, the problem with the mute/unmute function of my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset went away.  I have no idea what changed, whether it was an update to Teams or Windows or ??? that fixed it.  There were no changes to the Plantronics hardware or drivers, but my headset has been working without issue!  Sorry to hear that this problem persists for others, hope you all find a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T00:58:40+00:00

    PROBLEM RESOLVED:

    I have a Plantronics PLT Calisto P7200 and was having the same problem with MS Teams integration. At times the mute button on the Calisto 7200 would mute/unmute in MS Teams and other times it didn't work.

    When looking at the device settings in MS Teams, the Calisto showed up as two separate devices. One of the devices as the plugged in USB and the other was connecting through Bluetooth.

    1. Plantronics Calisto 7200 (USB)
    2. PLT P7200 Series Hands-Free AG Audio (Bluetooth)

    (Please see image below)

    If I select the first device (Plantronics Calisto 7200), the mute button on the Calisto WILL mute/unmute MS Teams

    If I select the second device (PLT P7200 Series Hands-Free AG Audio), the mute button on the Calisto WILL NOT mute/unmute MS Teams

    If I turn off Bluetooth on the Calisto by holding in the Bluetooth button until the blue light goes out, the problem also goes away because the PLT P7200 Series Hands-Free AG Audio device disappears from Device settings (see below)

    I can assume that the function does not work when on a Bluetooth connection but does when plugged in via USB. I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-16T16:32:44+00:00

    UPDATE (from the OP):

    My W8220-M is, again, no longer syncing with Teams. :(

    It has been working since October 2020 and stopped working on 07/15/2021.

    What has changed? Please help. dAVEb

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T16:24:45+00:00

    I've used Plantronics W720M with Microsoft soft phones since basically its inception (Lync/Skype/Teams). Mute functionality has come and gone several times. It is mind boggling that such a basic feature has not been better standardized. Mine (DECT radio) is the problem child though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments