Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-17T03:16:55+00:00

    Hi David,

    Have you tried paring headset once again? Also, sometimes resetting headset helps, please check Plantronics Savi W8220-M user manual and give a try again.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-17T12:52:17+00:00

    Dave is not the only person experiencing this problem.  I have had it for a week or so also.  Though I'm using a Plantronics Savi W710, so it's not a specific issue with his specific headset model.  I've had to resort to using the on-screen mute button instead, which does still correctly drive the plantronics headset.

    If I push the headset mute button while all is unmuted, both the plantronics headset base and the teams app toggle the mute status, but then a second or two later the headset base unmutes (but not the teams app).  After that, if I push the headset mute button, both the app and base mute status toggles, and then the headset mute status toggles back.  But sometimes it doesn't.  It seems a little bit random.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-24T18:48:03+00:00

    Experiencing the same with my Plantronics Savi W745. It worked fine a few a weeks ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-24T22:46:23+00:00

    I have reset my headset, paired it again, and checked the Plantronics manual with no change.  I even restarted my computer and changed the USB port to which the Plantronics W8220-M headset base is connected and the same problem persists.  I'm kind of bummed out here, I purchased this (not inexpensive) wireless headset specifically because it worked with Microsoft Teams; and it did... until it didn't : (

    I hope you will fix this.

    Thx,

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T17:34:03+00:00

    SOLVED

    Hi, I wanted to give an update. 

    I'm not sure what changes were made but the controls on my W8220-M headset are again working with Teams. 

    Thank you Microsoft.  Please keep it working.

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments