Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-29T17:57:56+00:00

    Thanks Loretta, they updated the Hub software, so i reinstalled it thinking it fixed the problem....but the issue remains.

    Switched back to your solution. The Lens App works fine to keep the softphone stuff working. Appreciate you posting!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-06T17:29:52+00:00

    I am also experiencing this (Jan 2022).

    • I have uninstalled the plantronics software and reinstalled.
    • I have cleared the cache in Teams. I have uninstalled teams and rebooted.

    Still - during calls or meetings, if I mute my headset it will AUTO UNMUTE immediately.

    Using Zoom - it works perfectly.

    *** UPDATE AS OF 1/14/2022 ***

    I have uninstalled completely and using native windows drivers worked fine.

    • MS Teams worked with muting and unmute - no longer an issue.
    • Zoom continues to work fine.

    I did install the NEW POLYLENS application (version 1.1.10) and it all continues to work fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-14T09:21:28+00:00

    They fixed the issue with the new Plantronics Hub software 3.24.1 (Build 35855).

    January 13, 2022:
    Plantronics Hub v3.24.1 (3.24.53462.35855)

    Plantronics Hub v3.24.1
    What's New

    Resolved Issues

    • Resolves an issue causing SAVI 82XX series devices to automatically unmute after selecting Mute on the Teams or Hub GUI

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-24T12:18:08+00:00

    I had the same problems with the C720 M.

    Just upgrading the software did not help.

    I solved it by using the Plantronix hub and did a "Read" of special mode settings.

    After that the mute button seems to work together with teams in "web"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments