Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T18:45:02+00:00

    I am experience the same exact issue with Mute button not staying on in Teams. I've tried closing Hub software, I've stopped the Plantronics services in MS Windows Task Manager, nothing helping. Still having the issue. Zoom and Webex meetings seem to work fine.

    This is very disruptive and potentially dangerously embarrassing for headset users. This needs to be resolved by Plantronics ASAP to protect their reputation!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T18:37:05+00:00

    Same issue here with the same hardware/setup as ReHeNi, current Teams version Desktop/Web. Plantronics did not update their driver or firmware recently but Plantronics Hub/Teams versions have recently changed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T09:21:15+00:00

    I have the same issue with the Plantronics 8220 headset. I press mute in Teams, it mutes for a blink and then it unmutes. So I can't mute in Teams meetings. I have changed the mic to my notebook mic and everything works fine in Teams. So the problem only occurs with the Plantronics headset.

    So I tried some other setting, but nothing worked except for one thing... when you close your Plantronics Hub software everything works fine!

    The issue is probably in the last version of the Plantronics Hub software. The version I have currently, that has the mute/unmute issue, is 3.23.0 Build 34198.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T08:12:37+00:00

    I also have a poly 8220 headset with a base unit on my desktop.

    All firmware on headset and base is up to date according to HUB software, Teams is up to date. And no weather I use mute button in Teams or mute button on headset it is the same: mute activated and immediately after mute deactivated.

    But is working fine in all other software but not Teams, it is quite a problem due to all the increased numbers of Teams meetings on daily basis.

    Has also tried pover off base and headset and disconnect usb cable between PC and base unit.

    Solved by exiting HUB software under Teams meetings. THX to JoostDerks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-07T21:12:11+00:00

    Exact same issue. Hit mute either in Teams app or on headset and it mutes for about 1/2 second, then auto-unmutes. Started happening about a week ago. Savi 8200 UC headset. All Plantronics Hub updates applied Multiple reboots. All the usual troubleshooting. This must be a Teams bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments