Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-14T18:53:15+00:00

    SOVED:

    Having the same issue and while restarting the Plantronics Hub software during a conversation does supply a work around, I had a Co-workers headset that was set still working to compare to.

    Comparing Plantronics HUB versions (Help -> About HUB), we noticed that he had an older version 3.22 (his was asking him to update) where mine was the current 3.23. Went to Plantronics website and found the older version of HUB (3.22) and installed that on my machine (shows 3.20 once installed - thats a bit confusing). Mute is now working again. I suggest do not do the HUB update to keep it working.

    I trust mine got updated and that's when it quit working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-13T17:41:17+00:00

    ChrisDDay,

    As others have pointed out, quitting the Plantronics Hub software (not just X'ing out of it, actually right clicking its icon in the taskbar and selecting Quit Plantronics Hub) resolves the issue for now. I confirmed it now since I have been experiencing the issue this morning and was able to test now since I'm on a work Teams call. This resolved the issue with muting in Teams. However, I wonder if it will cause issues with my Avaya One-X application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-13T17:25:17+00:00

    When I join a Microsoft Teams call, whenever I mute myself the system unmutes me within a second or two.  It doesn't matter if I use the mute button on the headset, or the mute button on Microsoft Teams UI.  This just started happening a couple weeks ago (everything worked fine for over 18 months prior).  I have tried rebooting. 

    I am using Savi 8200 headset connected to Dell laptop computer via USB on docking station:  * Bluetooth: v.0306* Headset: v.3853* PIC: v.0315* Tuning: v.3039* USB: v.3871

    Desktop is running Windows 10 and Microsoft Teams 1.4.00.32771 (32-bit) last updated on 12/8/2021.

    Please advise, this is very disruptive.  I see a ton of traffic on this same issue on other online forums.  

    Thanks,

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T20:51:47+00:00

    I have discovered that if you right click the Plantronics icon in the system tray, select "Quit Plantronics Hub" then restart the desktop app, this remedies the issue. However, I'm finding I have to do this with each new Teams call I place - but at least I can control the mute/unmute until the call is over.

    FYI - The notification area (also called the "system tray") is located in the Windows Taskbar, usually at the bottom right corner. It contains miniature icons for easy access to system functions such as antivirus settings, printer, modem, sound volume, battery status, and more.

    Image

    AB

    UPDATE -- just noticed someone else has also discovered this. I guess you can leave the plantronics software closed unless you need it to adjust settings!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments