Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T15:39:13+00:00

    Hi Veejay,

    Skype is not running and is it not installed on my machine. 

    Our Microsoft 365 subscription uses Skype for Business Online (Plan 2).

    For more than 3 months, the headset was working as expected; I press mute button on the headset and the icon in Teams would toggle accordingly and pressing the headset call button and I could join/leave Teams meetings.  I know of no change(s) on my side that affect the connectivity of my headset with Teams.

    Regards,

    dAVEb

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T00:26:55+00:00

    Hello d,

    Do you have Skype installed in your device? It seems like an compatibility issue when both Teams and Skype are running.

    You may check on this UserVoice:

    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555...

    You can also check on this link for more information about Control calls using a headset in Teams:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/cont...

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T23:12:59+00:00

    Thanks for the prompt response!  I tried it using the web app in the Chrome and Edge Browsers and also the desktop app and it exhibits the same behavior.

    Best,

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T22:58:57+00:00

    Hello D,

    My name is Veejay, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be glad to help you.

    Can you try accessing your Teams account in the web app using Chrome or Edge browser as recommended browsers to access Microsoft Teams online and check if the issue will occur.
    Link to web app: https://teams.microsoft.com/

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments