Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-06T17:29:52+00:00

    I am also experiencing this (Jan 2022).

    • I have uninstalled the plantronics software and reinstalled.
    • I have cleared the cache in Teams. I have uninstalled teams and rebooted.

    Still - during calls or meetings, if I mute my headset it will AUTO UNMUTE immediately.

    Using Zoom - it works perfectly.

    *** UPDATE AS OF 1/14/2022 ***

    I have uninstalled completely and using native windows drivers worked fine.

    • MS Teams worked with muting and unmute - no longer an issue.
    • Zoom continues to work fine.

    I did install the NEW POLYLENS application (version 1.1.10) and it all continues to work fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-22T19:54:48+00:00

    I called Plantronic Support.
    This fix worked for me.

    Just in case someone else experienced an issue Mute/Unmute button with plantronics wireless headsets during TEAMS bridge calls was NOT working properly.My SAVI 8220 wireless phone is now working.The issue was due to the latest TEAMS release by MS.It broke a link between Poly.com and MS.The fix is to UNINSTALL plantronics.hub software

    Go to the following link:
    INSTALL ploy lens software. https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/downloads-apps
    POLY LENS DESKTOP APP FOR WINDOWS/MACMake the most of your meetings with Poly Lens Desktop app. A single app for customizing and maintaining your compatible personal devices with built-in wellness and support at your fingertips.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-15T00:32:34+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-17T03:16:55+00:00

    Hi David,

    Have you tried paring headset once again? Also, sometimes resetting headset helps, please check Plantronics Savi W8220-M user manual and give a try again.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T23:12:59+00:00

    Thanks for the prompt response!  I tried it using the web app in the Chrome and Edge Browsers and also the desktop app and it exhibits the same behavior.

    Best,

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments