Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-13T17:41:17+00:00

    ChrisDDay,

    As others have pointed out, quitting the Plantronics Hub software (not just X'ing out of it, actually right clicking its icon in the taskbar and selecting Quit Plantronics Hub) resolves the issue for now. I confirmed it now since I have been experiencing the issue this morning and was able to test now since I'm on a work Teams call. This resolved the issue with muting in Teams. However, I wonder if it will cause issues with my Avaya One-X application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-06T18:01:35+00:00

    The firmware is up to date on my Savi 8220, and the issue is there. there were no new updates for it when it stopped working with Microsoft Teams. this issue is only with Teams from what I can tell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-24T17:26:53+00:00

    Did you happen to find any solution, James? Having the exact same issue and firmware/driver updates don't seem to make a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T22:41:14+00:00

    I see.
    Lets ask other advisor input regarding this matter.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T22:58:57+00:00

    Hello D,

    My name is Veejay, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be glad to help you.

    Can you try accessing your Teams account in the web app using Chrome or Edge browser as recommended browsers to access Microsoft Teams online and check if the issue will occur.
    Link to web app: https://teams.microsoft.com/

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments