Mute/Unmute and leave meeting functions on Plantronics Savi W8220-M (Microsoft Certified) no longer sync with Teams

Anonymous
2020-09-15T20:51:57+00:00

Until 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able to use and integrate my Plantronics Savi W8220-M headset with MS Teams.  Now, the mute/unmute function on the headset will work but the status on the screen shows it Unmuted.  Conversely, if the on-screen status is Muted, the mute/unmute button on my headset does not work.  In addition, the headset's Call Control button, used to leave or connect to meetings, no longer works.  I purchased this headset because it was compatible with Skype and Teams... but now it is not.  What has changed?  How can this be resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-14T15:59:07+00:00

    I have the exact same issue with my Savi headset

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T16:24:45+00:00

    I've used Plantronics W720M with Microsoft soft phones since basically its inception (Lync/Skype/Teams). Mute functionality has come and gone several times. It is mind boggling that such a basic feature has not been better standardized. Mine (DECT radio) is the problem child though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-22T00:08:40+00:00

    I have both a Savi W820 and now a Savi 8220, and both of them started doing this.  It's not just the one headset nor just the one client.  This is a problem now (6/21/2021) and has been for several weeks (since before I got the new headset).

    The headset has been re-paired with the base, but of course the connection to the computer is a hardwired USB so that isn't a pairing issue there.  Like others, my mute/unmute works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-20T14:25:02+00:00

    Having the same issue as well, didn't work, then updates came out and the Savi 7200 worked and hung up and muted all from headset now three four weeks ago it stopped working.  Need resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T15:39:13+00:00

    Hi Veejay,

    Skype is not running and is it not installed on my machine. 

    Our Microsoft 365 subscription uses Skype for Business Online (Plan 2).

    For more than 3 months, the headset was working as expected; I press mute button on the headset and the icon in Teams would toggle accordingly and pressing the headset call button and I could join/leave Teams meetings.  I know of no change(s) on my side that affect the connectivity of my headset with Teams.

    Regards,

    dAVEb

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments