Blur Background option suddenly missing

Anonymous
2020-03-30T18:14:12+00:00

Last week I had an option to blur my background while in meetings in Microsoft Teams.  I was just in a meeting today where that was no longer an option even though other people did have blurred background in the meeting.  I have version 1.3.00.3564 (64-bit) and it says it was last updated on 3/5/20, so it does not seem to have been updated since it was working correctly.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-04-15T17:28:21+00:00

Hi Corey Doty,

As per the Docs article below, the background blur feature requires a CPU with AVX2 support: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/hardware-requirements-for-the-teams-app

Engineering has confirmed that a crashing bug was identified recently on machines without AVX2 which is why the feature was available previously for you and is no longer showing up. The bug has now been fixed and will be rolling out in an update soon. Once that fix reaches your machine, the background blur option should appear again.

Thanks,

Omar

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-20T17:40:28+00:00

    Hi Guys,

    I had the same problem with the background blur feature on my MacBook air 2014 - Dual Core i7 - 1.7Ghz. It is supported AVX 2.0 as the requirement; however, I couldn't find where <background filter>. Pls see more in the pictures below.

    Many thanks for your help!

    Hope to hear from you soon via ******@hoangviet.edu.vn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-20T18:21:31+00:00

    Mine corrected itself a couple of months ago...probably as a result of an update that was pushed out. So far, since then working fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-16T22:04:16+00:00

    I am using Apple iOS 10.15, and I used to have the blur background but no longer have the capability? I am noticing that the last answer was about 18 months ago?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments