Blur Background option suddenly missing

Anonymous
2020-03-30T18:14:12+00:00

Last week I had an option to blur my background while in meetings in Microsoft Teams.  I was just in a meeting today where that was no longer an option even though other people did have blurred background in the meeting.  I have version 1.3.00.3564 (64-bit) and it says it was last updated on 3/5/20, so it does not seem to have been updated since it was working correctly.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-04-15T17:28:21+00:00

Hi Corey Doty,

As per the Docs article below, the background blur feature requires a CPU with AVX2 support: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/hardware-requirements-for-the-teams-app

Engineering has confirmed that a crashing bug was identified recently on machines without AVX2 which is why the feature was available previously for you and is no longer showing up. The bug has now been fixed and will be rolling out in an update soon. Once that fix reaches your machine, the background blur option should appear again.

Thanks,

Omar

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-14T16:43:20+00:00

    Hi,

    This does not resolve the issue. Currently is still missing wit the latest download on MacBok Pro 9.1 i7 CPU running 10.14 macOS Mojave.

    Which Mac version has this fix to support AVX and AVX2 CPU's?

    regards,

    Miro

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T17:25:55+00:00

    Working for me as of yesterday (January 11)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-12T21:28:39+00:00

    Hello, has this bug been fixed yet? It is January 2021 and I am having issues with the background feature showing up inconsistently.

    I am also experiencing this issue and I grow weary of the glacial response times. Dole out the magic magic, babies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T17:29:19+00:00

    Hello, has this bug been fixed yet? It is January 2021 and I am having issues with the background feature showing up inconsistently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments