Hi everybody,
I am having the same issue but on the newest Macs. One is the MacBookPro from 2020 and the other one is the iMac from 2019.
The blur worked for me like a charm during last years/months and stopped working approx 1,5 month ago. I am using the most recent version of MacOS BigSur (11.2.3) and Teams (1.4.00.4971).
When I start a telco, then I can see the switch for turning the blur and I can turn this switch on. Unfortunately after that nothing happens (no blur) and on the right hand side an empty settings toolbar appears. See the screenshot below.
Switching off hardware acceleration, as suggested above, does not help.
What 's really weird is that when I run the above mentioned command sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.features, on my both computers, I get the following result:
% sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.features
machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM PBE SSE3 PCLMULQDQ DTES64 MON DSCPL VMX SMX EST TM2 SSSE3 FMA CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1 SSE4.2 x2APIC MOVBE POPCNT AES PCID XSAVE OSXSAVE SEGLIM64 TSCTMR AVX1.0RDRAND F16C
Which is really strange because my MacBookPro is brand new.
BTW: This result is not consistent. If I try other similar commands, as suggested in other posts, then I get contradictory results:
% sysctl -a | grep avx
hw.optional.avx1_0: 1
hw.optional.avx2_0: 1
hw.optional.avx512f: 0
hw.optional.avx512cd: 0
hw.optional.avx512dq: 0
hw.optional.avx512bw: 0
hw.optional.avx512vl: 0
hw.optional.avx512ifma: 0
hw.optional.avx512vbmi: 0
% sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.leaf7_features
machdep.cpu.leaf7_features: RDWRFSGS TSC_THREAD_OFFSET SGX BMI1 HLE AVX2 SMEP BMI2 ERMS INVPCID RTM FPU_CSDS MPX RDSEED ADX SMAP CLFSOPT IPT MDCLEAR TSXFA IBRS STIBP L1DF SSBD
Which one is correct?
Could it be that Apple changed something concerning AVX2 in one of the recent BigSur updates?
What do you think? How could we fix it?
greetings,
Irek
