How do I delete a Microsoft teams account on my Android

Anonymous
2020-06-14T06:34:34+00:00

How do i delete Microsoft teams account on my Android

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-18T22:12:59+00:00

    I can confirm that this worked for me. Deleting the "Office" bundle account in Android "Settings -> Accounts" worked.

    I did this after deleting all of the accounts on my phone just to do a reset, but that included the work/organization accounts that I wanted to delete and that brought me to this thread.

    So, it looks like the protocol is this:

    1. Hard press the Teams app, select "App Info", select "Storage", select "Clear cache", select "Clear data".
    2. Verify if accounts are removed in Teams. If the above doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the Teams app.
    3. Verify if accounts are removed in Teams. If the above doesn't work, do the above in Airplane mode.
    4. Verify if accounts are removed in Teams. If the above doesn't work, go to Android Settings, select "Accounts", select specific work/organization account(s), select "Remove account".
    5. Verify if accounts are removed in Teams. If the above doesn't work, go to Android Settings, select "Accounts", select "Office" account, select "Remove account".

    Step 5 will probably work for a lot of people on first try!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-22T04:10:43+00:00

    None of the above worked for me, however I realised I was also signed into the Outlook app with the same account. So I assume they were maybe sharing credentials or something somehow?

    In the Outlook app settings there was the option to actually delete accounts, and after doing that then re-clearing the data from my Teams app, the old account was gone.

    So double check you don't have some other Microsoft app logged in using the old credentials

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-04T22:06:34+00:00

    I did the same just now but had to reboot my phone for the login loop to stop. Then with it restarting while in airplane mode I was able to sign out of the account and it is now gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-13T13:47:28+00:00

    Signing out also works. Albeit a bit of a pain when the sign-in window keeps popping up. Had to click fast by opening settings going down to the sign out option and clicking yes to sign out, got there in the end, thanks for the tip.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-03-14T16:44:08+00:00

    Signing out doesn't work for me. I have an inactive account from a former employer that I need to remove from my phone. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and clearing data and cache. Old account still shows up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments