How do I delete a Microsoft teams account on my Android

Anonymous
2020-06-14T06:34:34+00:00

How do i delete Microsoft teams account on my Android

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-20T09:08:28+00:00

    Attempting to remove a deactivated account results in a loop that wants you to log in again.

    Break the cycle by disabling wifi and data, then you can select sign-out for that account.

    This save having to flush the cache for all adjacent accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-20T17:58:57+00:00

    So I'm having the same problem.

    Company changed its name. So my account changed, from @oldCompanyName.com to @newCompanyName.com

    But I can't get teams to forget the old account. When though all of the office apps, reseted office, cleaned cache. But no. Account still here and I'm going crazy!

    Anyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-07T14:58:39+00:00

    FWIW - I did the "airplane mode" trick and it worked for me. I had to be quick to get to "settings" between Teams' attempts at signing on, but at least with no network connection it could not present me with the logon screen. Once I got into settings and managed to hit the "Sign out" option at the bottom, it did that and the company was removed. I cleared the app's cache for good measure, went back online and have not had that company show back up - it's been about 3 hours now - so I think it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-19T14:36:19+00:00

    I agree 100%. This should not have to rely on an ugly work around. Ability to switch netween accounts on Teams for Android is a plus, no ability to delete an account is a problem. Here we are a year on from the post recommending MS developer action and the problem persists. But, the ugly workaround does work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-21T18:15:20+00:00

    I think I finally figured this one out. I followed all the suggestions below but my old company account still showed up in the login screen. I no longer have access to this account as I left the company so logging into it and deleting it was not an option.

    What you need to delete the account from the Android System. You can do this through Settings-Accounts. Here is the catch because mine was an Office365 account I needed to delete the "Office" account. Microsoft bundles all O365 accounts under one general heading of Office.

    Unfortunately, if you have any other O365 accounts on your phone those will need to be setup again. Total pain but worth it for me to clean everything up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments