How do I delete a Microsoft teams account on my Android

Anonymous
2020-06-14T06:34:34+00:00

How do i delete Microsoft teams account on my Android

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-22T04:10:43+00:00

    None of the above worked for me, however I realised I was also signed into the Outlook app with the same account. So I assume they were maybe sharing credentials or something somehow?

    In the Outlook app settings there was the option to actually delete accounts, and after doing that then re-clearing the data from my Teams app, the old account was gone.

    So double check you don't have some other Microsoft app logged in using the old credentials

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-18T22:12:59+00:00

    I can confirm that this worked for me. Deleting the "Office" bundle account in Android "Settings -> Accounts" worked.

    I did this after deleting all of the accounts on my phone just to do a reset, but that included the work/organization accounts that I wanted to delete and that brought me to this thread.

    So, it looks like the protocol is this:

    1. Hard press the Teams app, select "App Info", select "Storage", select "Clear cache", select "Clear data".
    2. Verify if accounts are removed in Teams. If the above doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the Teams app.
    3. Verify if accounts are removed in Teams. If the above doesn't work, do the above in Airplane mode.
    4. Verify if accounts are removed in Teams. If the above doesn't work, go to Android Settings, select "Accounts", select specific work/organization account(s), select "Remove account".
    5. Verify if accounts are removed in Teams. If the above doesn't work, go to Android Settings, select "Accounts", select "Office" account, select "Remove account".

    Step 5 will probably work for a lot of people on first try!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-21T18:15:20+00:00

    I think I finally figured this one out. I followed all the suggestions below but my old company account still showed up in the login screen. I no longer have access to this account as I left the company so logging into it and deleting it was not an option.

    What you need to delete the account from the Android System. You can do this through Settings-Accounts. Here is the catch because mine was an Office365 account I needed to delete the "Office" account. Microsoft bundles all O365 accounts under one general heading of Office.

    Unfortunately, if you have any other O365 accounts on your phone those will need to be setup again. Total pain but worth it for me to clean everything up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-19T14:36:19+00:00

    I agree 100%. This should not have to rely on an ugly work around. Ability to switch netween accounts on Teams for Android is a plus, no ability to delete an account is a problem. Here we are a year on from the post recommending MS developer action and the problem persists. But, the ugly workaround does work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-07T14:58:39+00:00

    FWIW - I did the "airplane mode" trick and it worked for me. I had to be quick to get to "settings" between Teams' attempts at signing on, but at least with no network connection it could not present me with the logon screen. Once I got into settings and managed to hit the "Sign out" option at the bottom, it did that and the company was removed. I cleared the app's cache for good measure, went back online and have not had that company show back up - it's been about 3 hours now - so I think it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments