How do I delete a Microsoft teams account on my Android

Anonymous
2020-06-14T06:34:34+00:00

How do i delete Microsoft teams account on my Android

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-10T20:19:27+00:00

    Hello,

    here is another workaround. First clear the cache of the app.

    Then enter flight mode, start the teams app, select the account you want to sign out, enter preferences and click sign out.

    Greetz

    H

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-02T14:10:41+00:00

    What a joke. Its so sad to see how crazily incompetent people are designing and implementing applications....

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-23T12:08:23+00:00

    First, on your Android device, just go to Setting >Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > and choose the Microsoft account you want to remove.

    Then open your Microsoft account. From here you should work very fast. On the top left corner, select your Account Initials > setting > sign out of account (you may end up repeating this thing and pressing back to do this several times as Microsoft team want to login to your unwanted account)

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-06T21:20:48+00:00

    I still have not gotten this to work. You can even log into Teams for your personal account but can't seem to add a profile.

    I think my current problem is that Teams uses a Broker App, in my case that is Microsoft Authenticator, but I can't remove the authenticator because it would create too many problems trying to access my personal account.

    It is pulling the data out of thin air, and locking teams to the personal account, associated with Hotmail in this case.

    I have removed the account from outlook, OneDrive, it's down to Authenticator.

    Even logged in to my work Company Portal, and it still doesn't care.

    My Samsung S51 does not have Android's Multi-User accounts even.

    I think, if it was my company, I would have someone just use a Personal/Work profile my Android does support, and have Teams be a Personal app, and a Work app separate, BUT it doesn't seem to work like that.

    I think you can setup Teams as a Work company app but requires a lot of work to keep them separate. Same with Outlook and all apps you download from the store. It just says HEY you have it your good, when you need to install multiple copies of the app, over different Work/Personal separation.

    This gives BIG scary messages, and gives companies the ability to wipe devices, which is a personal data nightmare.

    When if done correctly removes the Work profile and leaves the personal data, it just Gives someone, the ability to really ruin a personal device from Intune.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-06T18:21:34+00:00

    Thanks very much Manira, this is what worked for me.

    I would clear Teams Cache first, then data.

    It would retain the account data.

    Even after uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, it would continue to retain my account I was trying to remove.

    I also put it in airplane mode, but was seemingly pulling the data from Company Portal data, even though I removed all accounts in the Android accounts settings.

    So, once I clear the cache and data (WHY does it have to be in order) Than I did the same for Company Portal and the account was gone.

    BTW Microsoft - this is just an Android issue, my iPhone 15.4 will mention the problem you can't log in, because you already have an account and do you wish to remove it, you click yes and can sign in.

    Whereas my Android v11 or v12 logs in and says error contact your admin, but doesn't say you can only have one account associated with your app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments