In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T18:18:38+00:00

    Yesterday the "Focus on Content" behaved as expected: the presentation view was maximized to fill the screen, and the gallery was turned off.

    I believe this has been fixed and is being rolled out server-side, as there was no update to my MS Teams app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T19:11:14+00:00

    not according to my screenshot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T19:26:55+00:00

    Yea, it seems that a change has been made today! Now, the Gallery appears in a little squrre in either the bottom-right corner (or top-right if I select "Gallery at top").

    This is MUCH better than the Gallery taking up about 300 pixels down the entire right side of the Teams Presenter window.

    So...in summary: When I am watching someone present, and have the following settings checked: "Focus on content" & "Full screen", and that maximizes the real estate for the presenter's content (minus the small frame with my face). I still cannot turn Gallery off entirely, which would be my preference, but at lease I got some screen real estate back!

    I don't understand why Mircosoft sees fit to show me my own face in the Gallery. Do they think I need to be reminded of what I look like? As if I don't see myself every moring and night in the mirror as I brush my teeth?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T19:35:07+00:00

    Today, I no longer have that "Gallery" (from your screenshot) from the elipsis menu choices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T02:07:54+00:00

    "I don't understand why Mircosoft sees fit to show me my own face in the Gallery. Do they think I need to be reminded of what I look like? As if I don't see myself every moring and night in the mirror as I brush my teeth?!"

    Maybe to remind you to not pick your nose/teeth/whatever while your camera is turned on? :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments