In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T17:14:08+00:00

    When I attempted to uncheck the Gallery, nothing happened. Gallery is non responsive. (check mark is still in place)

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-13T15:25:11+00:00

    Agree this is new.  Previously unchecking "Gallery" and checking "Focus" resulted in the pictures going away and the presentation enlarging.  Now the pictures are gone, except for my own, and the presentation remains at the reduced size.  I don't know how long this has been--a few weeks?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T15:05:16+00:00

    @ Microsoft, any plans to fix the bug as this is a very important feature used by people on a daily basis.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T15:48:53+00:00

    Exactly. i see the checkbox too. i really really really don't want to see the gallery, and it does look like there's a check. no one is answering the question on how to turn it off.

    I agree that it does not seem logical to be able to check it and not be able to uncheck it. Have you seen that there is a solution yet? Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T15:49:59+00:00

    Agree this is new.  Previously unchecking "Gallery" and checking "Focus" resulted in the pictures going away and the presentation enlarging.  Now the pictures are gone, except for my own, and the presentation remains at the reduced size.  I don't know how long this has been--a few weeks?

    I agree. This is happening for me too. I look forward to a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments