In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T15:08:48+00:00

    I am also seeing this problem since last 2 days. The turning off gallery issue was bad enough and it just got worse.

    I want to focus on content full screen, without unnecessarily viewing my own name/video in the gallery.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T17:36:42+00:00

    Same issue here. Gallery stays checked regardless of anything I've tried. I can get rid of other attendees from the gallery but not myself and significant screen real estate is wasted as a result.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
    2022-01-07T17:52:55+00:00

    Hi GRGreene & everyone,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community forums!

    As a suggestion, I kindly invite you to submit your feedback to the developers via the sites below. This Microsoft community forums are just peer-to-peer support. Most forum users here don’t work for Microsoft. Let your voice be heard by submitting feedbacks & observation to the teams developers directly:

    Send feedback or suggest a feature (microsoft.com)

    Give feedback in Teams (microsoft.com)

    Microsoft Teams · Community

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T23:44:39+00:00

    Yes, I just noticed that since the last update. So in response to constant requests to make it vanish they have made it permanent! Maybe we should all request that they make it permanent and their reverse logic engineers might get it right!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-10T17:34:39+00:00

    When I want to focus on shared content, I see my own image taking up 20% of the screen.

    Please add more information to the screen that is not related to the shared content, such as conversations, device settings, and the weather forecast, until it is impossible to read the shared content.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments