In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T07:07:11+00:00

    >>Maybe to remind you to not pick your nose/teeth/whatever while your camera is turned on?  :)
    You might have hit the nail on the head as to why this is useful :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T13:51:03+00:00

    LOL - Thank you for reminding me who I am Microsoft! ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T20:49:35+00:00

    I don't understand why Mircosoft sees fit to show me my own face in the Gallery. Do they think I need to be reminded of what I look like? As if I don't see myself every moring and night in the mirror as I brush my teeth?!

    Personally, I like that feature. It lets me see if I am showing up too dark, or if the camera is not correctly aligned to where I want it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T20:59:01+00:00

    Fair enogh - I rarely use video so it usually my badge photo.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments