In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-24T16:42:30+00:00

    YES - Agree that this is the new issue. Previously you could select Focus on Content and all avatars/video of participants would be hidden making presentation full screen. Now, all participants are gone except for my OWN avatar which remains - taking up the same amount of gallery space and not allowing presentation to be full screen. This bug needs to be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-24T16:39:31+00:00

    Amen! This is something that Microsoft should fix without an enhancement request since they messed it up...I need full-screen sharing WITHOUT ANY GALLERY NOISE.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-23T18:31:50+00:00

    So far, there is no fix as of yet. I opened a ticket with Microsoft Support, and here is the response that I received, directly from Microsoft:

    "This is a common issue that our developers still need to develop. For now, let's wait for their update."

    Best of luck to all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T15:51:59+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T15:49:59+00:00

    Agree this is new.  Previously unchecking "Gallery" and checking "Focus" resulted in the pictures going away and the presentation enlarging.  Now the pictures are gone, except for my own, and the presentation remains at the reduced size.  I don't know how long this has been--a few weeks?

    I agree. This is happening for me too. I look forward to a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments