In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T17:32:17+00:00

    The focus on content is grayed out. the gallery or gallery at the top takes half the screen and no way to uncheck any of them. Whay is the solution to fix this once and for all please? Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T23:26:27+00:00

    Fair enough. My portrait is still there, but at least the gallery banner is gone. I'll take baby steps at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T18:00:23+00:00

    Same here - no matter what I do, I still have my picture looking back at me along with the same loss of real-estate (beit at the top, or down the right of the window).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T16:53:19+00:00

    My user panel has changed, but the issue remains today. No matter what I try, the card with my name does not disappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T16:04:56+00:00

    Looks like this is actually fixed in my Teams this morning! Now if we could just get real Full Screen sharing, everything would be great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments