Additional meeting and call-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Today, I no longer have that "Gallery" (from your screenshot) from the elipsis menu choices.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?
Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.
Additional meeting and call-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Today, I no longer have that "Gallery" (from your screenshot) from the elipsis menu choices.
Yea, it seems that a change has been made today! Now, the Gallery appears in a little squrre in either the bottom-right corner (or top-right if I select "Gallery at top").
This is MUCH better than the Gallery taking up about 300 pixels down the entire right side of the Teams Presenter window.
So...in summary: When I am watching someone present, and have the following settings checked: "Focus on content" & "Full screen", and that maximizes the real estate for the presenter's content (minus the small frame with my face). I still cannot turn Gallery off entirely, which would be my preference, but at lease I got some screen real estate back!
I don't understand why Mircosoft sees fit to show me my own face in the Gallery. Do they think I need to be reminded of what I look like? As if I don't see myself every moring and night in the mirror as I brush my teeth?!
Yesterday the "Focus on Content" behaved as expected: the presentation view was maximized to fill the screen, and the gallery was turned off.
I believe this has been fixed and is being rolled out server-side, as there was no update to my MS Teams app.
I hope the developers reach a solution soon because this has been happening for some time now. Also I noticed how launching teams meeting impact the voice in general and brings it down. Perhaps this is another issue the developers need to fix? Thank you in advance and hoping to see an update soon to the gallery and voice issues.