In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF?

Anonymous
2021-06-04T16:12:06+00:00

In a Teams meeting, is it possible to turn the Gallery view OFF (in the same way that the Participant list can be displayed/hidden)?

Gallery view is great for a multi-party conversation. But when I'm viewing a presentation and the presenter is doing a screen share, I find little value in watching other attendees drink their coffee, scratch their nose, and generally engage in monkey-grooming behavior as if they were looking in a mirror and not a camera.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-17T23:56:47+00:00

    I want to turn gallery view OFF permanently as people are always sharing and I don't want to keep going to the menu to select Focus. It looks like a checked menu item so how do I uncheck it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T16:23:03+00:00

    Select Focus from the ... menu as that will highlight the current screen share. In addition with the Full Screen option and you should be able to follow screen shares a lot better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T15:21:40+00:00

    I want to disable / turn off / hide the Gallery.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-04T16:43:13+00:00

    Hello, GRGreene

    I am Igor, an Independent Advisor and I will be glad to help you with this question.]

    By default, the view on a team meeting is grid/gallery view. From your description, I'd like to confirm if you'd like to enable Gallery view in Teams meeting, if so, the answer is Yes, after you turn on New meeting experience in Teams client > Avatar > Settings, you could enable or disable Gallery view manually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments