Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
I confirm, this solution solved my issues. Big thanks!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
We experience the following:
When the presenter tries to move her mouse pointer, it is shaking, flickering, slow, dragging. When in addition "giving control" to someone, the mouse is unusable and the remote controller has all control, whereas the presenter loses all mouse control.
(adding synonyms here for people who also search for this problem)
Circumstances under which this happens:
If Alice and Bob sit physically in front of PC-A and PC-B, the problem does not occur. Then, there are mutliple mouse-pointers shown and screen sharing with Microsoft Teams works fine.
I suspect it is related to remote desktop (mstsc.exe) and the way that the mouse is moved when being remotely connected. Screen resolutions differ, too.
Did anybody experience this, too?
Any idea how to resolve it?
We could start Teams on the Acer Laptop, but that would open other problems.
kind regards
Leo
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I confirm, this solution solved my issues. Big thanks!
This is the exactly solution for this issue. It works!
Sometimes, yes. I have learned to use the CTRL key to locate my mouse sometimes. In Control Panel > Mouse Properties > Pointer Options - at the bottom there is a checkbox for Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key.
After you've changed it to XDDM, do other people still see your mouse pointer when you do that? I did a test by recording the session but the mouse pointer disappeared.
So I have found a solution that works for me (hallelujah!!). There are a couple of references to this, but the best one I found is this one. But the essentials in case the link goes bad are:
Microsoft has enabled (and made default) the use of a second driver model on the system being controlled: The WDDM model. Up to now RDP has run off the XDDM display driver model. Microsoft provided a new policy for configuring the controlled system to use the older, tried and proven XDDM model.
If you have Windows 10 Pro, on the remote PC, run gpedit.msc and navigate to the following:
Local Computer Policy
Computer Configuration
Administrative Templates
Windows Components
Remote Desktop Services
Remote Desktop Session Host
Remote Session Environment
Set the Use WDDM graphics display driver for Remote Desktop Connections policy to Disabled.
You'll need to stop and restart your RDP session. But Voila!