Unable to change freehand highlight back to text highlight in M365 copilot app on iPad

Shelley Osborne 5 Reputation points
2025-07-19T11:35:01.42+00:00

On iPad, using M365 copilot app. (Editing files previously saved using OneDrive, but not editing in OneDrive).

In M365 copilot app, I click on Files, choose a file to add annotations, click the pen top right for annotations.

Previously I was able to select highlight option and then select text, and only that text would highlight. At some stage I was able to change that option to freehand highlight.

Now it is stuck on freehand highlight and won’t allow me to return to normal text highlight ( apart from the “highlight” option which is always yellow.

I can’t seem to find a settings option or other change annotations options.

PLEASE HELP

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.