How to fix "Administrator" status for Other User on new Windows 11 PC?

Terry Kizer 40 Reputation points
2025-07-11T20:57:36.02+00:00

I purchased and setup new Windows 11 PC for my church. This PC will be used by the Apostle ("Church PC"). I setup this new Church PC under my Microsoft account in which I will 'share' my subscription. The Church PC is listed under "Other User". Once I give the PC to the Apostle, I want to make him "Administrator". By making him an Administrator, will he only be an Administrator to ONLY the new Church PC or does this means he has "Administrator" status to my Microsoft account? I do not want him to have "Administrator" status to my Microsoft account only to the Church PC. How do I fix this issue if this is the case?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Ron Barker 2,245 Reputation points
2025-07-12T09:50:12.6566667+00:00

Hi Terry, you appear to have added another Windows User Account. Making the User an Administrator, as far as I am aware, will only be for that Windows Account, and will have no access to the other Windows User Account. See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/manage-user-accounts-in-windows-104dc19f-6430-4b49-6a2b-e4dbd1dcdf32

"Windows allows adding multiple user account to use the same device, enabling each user to have their own settings, documents, and applications.

For example, parents can have their own accounts with administrative privileges to manage settings and install software, while children can have standard accounts with parental controls enabled to monitor and limit their usage. This ensures that each family member has a personalized experience with their own files, settings, and appropriate access levels, while also keeping family members’ data private and secure from each other."

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Stefan Blom 353.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2025-07-11T21:01:15.5533333+00:00

Which type of Microsoft subscription do you have? With organization licenses, there can be multiple users and also multiple administrators.

If you have Microsoft 365 Family, you have a consumer license, and the only administrator is the individual who pays for the subscription.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.