Global Admin Locked Out – MFA Reset Required – Urgent Assistance Needed

William Burton 5 Reputation points
2025-07-09T10:20:52.8866667+00:00

Hi,

I am the Global Admin for our Microsoft 365 tenant and have now been completely locked out of the admin account for 6 days. I urgently need help resetting the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) in order to regain access.

On Friday 4th July at 14:00, a support ticket was raised with Microsoft (unfortunately not in my name, as I can’t log in to raise one myself). I received two emails confirming the issue was being worked on, but when I followed up via phone—after waiting over 1 hour and 28 minutes on hold—I was told that the verification steps had not even been completed, and that because the ticket wasn't raised in my name, there may be nothing they can do.

I was assured that the Data Protection Team would contact me on Monday or Tuesday, but that never happened. Today I was told they would be in touch within 2 hours, and it’s now been over 3 hours without a response.

This issue is having a serious operational impact—we have new starters in the business who cannot be onboarded because I cannot access the admin centre to provision their accounts.

I am desperate to get this resolved. Please escalate this or advise how I can get help as the verified Global Admin without access to the tenant.

Thank you in advance.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.