Can't install the Gaming Services from the Microsoft store. It says acquiring license than all of the sudden a message that says "Something Happened On Our End. Try Again Later".

Anonymous
2022-01-06T14:34:27+00:00

So i want to play a game with my friend and he can't install the Gaming Services from the Microsoft store. It says acquiring license than all of the sudden a message that says "Something Happened On Our End. Try Again Later" or something like that. We tried so many things so if you can help it will be great! Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T15:33:47+00:00

    It is annoying having to do this each update. Though this recent update I just left the pending install in the background while I did other things. I came back to it, closed the store, reopened it and it said it had insstalled.

    This is the method I use to get it working every time.

    Close the Xbox app (not minimised in taskbar)

    Open up the Powershell in Admin mode and type in the three lines:

    Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers <Enter>

    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse <Enter>

    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse <Enter>

    Reboot pc.

    reinstall the gaming services via the powershell:

    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-16T17:01:42+00:00

    This worked for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-05T18:44:45+00:00

    this is the one that FIXED my issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-22T15:00:46+00:00

    Having this issue of not being able to install this, (can’t run game services as well when I do have it) and on the Xbox pc app I’m unable to download games to any of my devices. All say location isn’t set up to install games which I even did the thing it asked to do with changing where new files go.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-20T03:00:04+00:00

    i cant download any games without gaming service

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments