Can't install the Gaming Services from the Microsoft store. It says acquiring license than all of the sudden a message that says "Something Happened On Our End. Try Again Later".

Anonymous
2022-01-06T14:34:27+00:00

So i want to play a game with my friend and he can't install the Gaming Services from the Microsoft store. It says acquiring license than all of the sudden a message that says "Something Happened On Our End. Try Again Later" or something like that. We tried so many things so if you can help it will be great! Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-14T07:53:11+00:00

    :: Copy highlighted commands in a text file and save it as GS.bat

    :: Right-click and 'Run as administrator' when required.

    :: Uninstall Old GamingServices

    powershell "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers"

    :: Remove Old Registry Entry

    echo y | reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GamingServices"

    :: Reinstall Gaming Services

    echo y | winget install 9MWPM2CQNLHN --source msstore

    :: Or Open Store and Manually Install by entering this:

    :: start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

    If doesn't work try deleting these too

    echo y | reg delete "HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.GamingServices_13.78.12002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri"

    echo y | reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices"

    echo y | reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\GamingServices"

    echo y | reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\GamingServicesNet"

    echo y | reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices"

    echo y | reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-10T21:05:03+00:00

    Yeah I am trying to download Bassmaster fishing and it wont let me install it even though I got Minecraft without gaming services and now its saying that I can't install it because there is a problem on their end, so I am really stuck on a boat

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-13T21:34:01+00:00

    Holy.... this really works!

    I found more registry keys which I deleted and it worked!

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-25T09:04:00+00:00

    Gaming services installation failure is relative straightforward now:

    Close the Xbox app (not minimised in taskbar)

    Open up the Powershell in Admin mode and type in the three lines:

    Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers <Enter>

    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse <Enter>

    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse <Enter>

    Reboot pc.

    Reinstall gaming services via the powershell:

    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

    I'd even go to say this may not even be needed. For a while now purely having the xbox app completely closed, any gaming services error i've gotten rights itself after a retry.


    Regarding the "Something happened at our end..." error, I haven't worked out the cause for this one yet. I'm sure it won't require going so low as require a OS reinstall. I never go that far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments