Can't install the Gaming Services from the Microsoft store. It says acquiring license than all of the sudden a message that says "Something Happened On Our End. Try Again Later".

Anonymous
2022-01-06T14:34:27+00:00

So i want to play a game with my friend and he can't install the Gaming Services from the Microsoft store. It says acquiring license than all of the sudden a message that says "Something Happened On Our End. Try Again Later" or something like that. We tried so many things so if you can help it will be great! Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-22T01:32:49+00:00

    I'm on windows 11, I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of games and they will not open. One opens for a second then closes and the other doesn't even try to open? This was working fine before now I can't play those games. I have other games on epic games that launch and play perfectly. I'm really confused on what's the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T17:59:01+00:00

    There is no fix for this issue. You need to reformat your hard drive and reinstall Windows. I searched for a fix for three months and found nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-18T06:46:46+00:00

    This doesn't work. Create a service that works. There is no reason that I should pay for Gamepass to not work. You don't need this stupid Gaming Services program, delete it or combine it with the Xbox app. Do better.

    I was having the same trouble, tried all of the above to no avail until I did one thing that I thought should have no bearing on the situation, I went to the Microsoft Store app and told it to update all the apps/games. Once it updated suddenly I was able to run the installation of Gaming Services and bam everything is working in the Xbox App again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-10T13:59:08+00:00

    you are a king man thank you very much

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments