Can't install the Gaming Services from the Microsoft store. It says acquiring license than all of the sudden a message that says "Something Happened On Our End. Try Again Later".

Anonymous
2022-01-06T14:34:27+00:00

So i want to play a game with my friend and he can't install the Gaming Services from the Microsoft store. It says acquiring license than all of the sudden a message that says "Something Happened On Our End. Try Again Later" or something like that. We tried so many things so if you can help it will be great! Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T20:44:47+00:00

    Hi, XBF Dom!

    My friend has Windows 10. None of this helped though.

    We find out that he can't install any apps like the gaming services, Tiktok, or some taskbar app.

    Also, we observed that for all the apps that he is trying to install above the download bar it pops up a message that says "acquiring license" and after some time an error shows up that says "Something Happened On Our End. Try Again Later"

    If you have any more advice it will be helpful! Thank you!

    I honestly think that it's something to do with this license or something...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-08T20:58:10+00:00

    I tried this solution, and I'm also in the same boat. It wont download anything from the store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T15:33:47+00:00

    It is annoying having to do this each update. Though this recent update I just left the pending install in the background while I did other things. I came back to it, closed the store, reopened it and it said it had insstalled.

    This is the method I use to get it working every time.

    Close the Xbox app (not minimised in taskbar)

    Open up the Powershell in Admin mode and type in the three lines:

    Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers <Enter>

    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse <Enter>

    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse <Enter>

    Reboot pc.

    reinstall the gaming services via the powershell:

    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T12:37:43+00:00

    Unfortunately this does not work. Still getting "pending" while trying to install gaming services. This will lead to refund of some purchases. Really does not have nerves spending half a day troubleshooting Xbox app every 6 months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-08T05:30:34+00:00

    I have tried all ways recommended in this thread and nothing is working, gaming services isn't even on my computer and whenever I go to download it still says "something happened on our end. Try again later."

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments