Already installed 2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client tries and fails

Anonymous
2021-12-09T02:20:22+00:00

I am getting Install Error - 0x80070643 on Windows 11 (22000.348). The update [2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client (KB5007051)] is already installed. It downloaded the update successfully this evening. Retry results with the same error.

I tried Trouble shoot > Update wizard. It indicated it corrected an error without any specifics. But it did not resolve the problem.

I encountered the same problem on a Windows 10 computer last month or so. I saw on the forum that it was a Microsoft Update Catalog bug. Recommendation was to be patient at the time. The problem disappeared after few days by itself.

Thanks for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-12-10T15:23:50+00:00

I once saw a posting that indicated that MS has a tool (which can be downloaded) to stop specific updates coming up (again and again). I would appreciate it much if somebody has information about it and can share with us.

The MS tool to disable specific updates goes by the name wushowhide and can be downloaded from here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T19:26:50+00:00

    Once I uninstalled .NET 5.0.11 I ran the bat file I downloaded here

    https://www.ubackup.com/windows-10/reset-windows-update-windows-10-1021.html

    That eliminated the update error. Then I installed .NET 5.0.12 which seems to work fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T17:51:09+00:00

    Hiding the updates definitely works. Thanks! (I also went ahead and hid the two "optional updates" that have been there for YEARS. lol)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T17:07:54+00:00

    tried the tool to hide and that works. check for updates no longer shows these two updates.

    Not sure if the issue was fixed but at least I do not have the update install error showing up.

    thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T11:56:18+00:00

    Same here,

    Also tried uninstalling, re-installing, repairing.

    Still same install error with both KB5007050 and KB5007051.

    I installed the latest versions manually now and wait until WU resets itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments