Gaming Services 0x80073D27

Anonymous
2022-01-26T12:41:23+00:00

Hi, I have been trying to install Gaming Services with no luck only 0x80073D27

The other day I installed 21H2 via enablement package KB5003791 and a few updates that go with that. Since then I am unable to run any games under game pass.

I have gone into the reg to delete what gaming services that were there and used the powershell to get the gaming services package.

When the xbox app asks i need to install the gaming services via the store i still get the 0x80073D27 error.

I even uninstall the 21H2 feature updates but the same error occurs. The only update i wasn't able to uninstall was the Servicing Stack it installed. Not sure if there is a problem with these. I now have version 10.0.19041.1490. The previous Servicing Stacks listed are 1220,1310 & 1371.

even checked the system integrity with dism.

No idea what else to do, game pass is now unusable.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-05-25T12:06:14+00:00

Close the Xbox app (not minimised in taskbar)

Open up the Powershell in Admin mode and type in the three lines:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers <Enter>

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse <Enter>

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse <Enter>

You may find it can't find one of the registry paths, it doesn't matter.

Reboot pc. This does actually make the difference if it works or not.

You will need to reinstall the gaming services. You can install via the xbox app but found better results via the powershell:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Now no more msgs in the xbox app. Game Pass games now work. Yay!

Until the next Gaming Services update where you will have to do the above procedure again.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-08T09:15:10+00:00

    What error code are you getting, 0x80073D26 / 0x80073D27 or "something happened on our end"?

    make sure the xbox app is completely closed not minimised to reinstall gaming services.

    Do you get your game updates from the store or the managed installs in the xbox app? Atm I don't have automatic updates on.

    I haven't come to a conclusion yet which is the best way to update the games if there is a difference between the two that's causing the "something happened..." error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-07T23:15:50+00:00

    this doesn't work for me, just tells me that there is an error whilst downloading.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-29T16:34:26+00:00

    Close the app solved the issues. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-29T16:20:24+00:00

    I have noticed installation can stick often. Just keep repeating the powershell steps and it will work.

    I would add, make sure the xbox app is closed before running through the steps. Having it open could cause it to hang.

    As with many scenarios, you may have to pause your realtime av/malware protection.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments