Gaming Services 0x80073D27

Anonymous
2022-01-26T12:41:23+00:00

Hi, I have been trying to install Gaming Services with no luck only 0x80073D27

The other day I installed 21H2 via enablement package KB5003791 and a few updates that go with that. Since then I am unable to run any games under game pass.

I have gone into the reg to delete what gaming services that were there and used the powershell to get the gaming services package.

When the xbox app asks i need to install the gaming services via the store i still get the 0x80073D27 error.

I even uninstall the 21H2 feature updates but the same error occurs. The only update i wasn't able to uninstall was the Servicing Stack it installed. Not sure if there is a problem with these. I now have version 10.0.19041.1490. The previous Servicing Stacks listed are 1220,1310 & 1371.

even checked the system integrity with dism.

No idea what else to do, game pass is now unusable.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-05-25T12:06:14+00:00

Close the Xbox app (not minimised in taskbar)

Open up the Powershell in Admin mode and type in the three lines:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers <Enter>

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse <Enter>

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse <Enter>

You may find it can't find one of the registry paths, it doesn't matter.

Reboot pc. This does actually make the difference if it works or not.

You will need to reinstall the gaming services. You can install via the xbox app but found better results via the powershell:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Now no more msgs in the xbox app. Game Pass games now work. Yay!

Until the next Gaming Services update where you will have to do the above procedure again.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-14T22:16:19+00:00

    it's not working for me, the game services did not unistall and thisis what i get when i try to use the prompt commands

    remove-AppxPackage : Rimozione non riuscita. Contattare il produttore del software.

    Impossibile eseguire l'operazione di distribuzione Remove con volume di destinazione C: per il pacchetto Microsoft.GamingServices_6.69.19001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe da . Errore: 0x80070490. Vedere http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 per informazioni sulla diagnosi dei problemi di distribuzione delle app. In riga:1 car:44 + ... t-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

    (this is the error i'm having 0x80073D27)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-16T22:01:37+00:00

    So the base game works ok but not the installed dlc? Did you purchase the main game also or have it via game pass?

    If you are logged into the ms account you purchased the dlc from then you will be able to redownload them from the store.

    I had the same issue with FH4 and had to redownload the dlc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-16T18:23:01+00:00

    Hello!

    I have tried this method, and games service could update itself and I could play Forza Horizon 5 again. But I have came across a problem. I couldnt play the car pass cars, what I have bought with the game back in 2021 december. What can I do to fix this problem? Have you got any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-08T21:36:40+00:00

    I tried this. It worked but somehow I can not see the install progrees or the install button , but that was also before. How do I know if it is installing? thx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments