Gaming Services 0x80073D27

Anonymous
2022-01-26T12:41:23+00:00

Hi, I have been trying to install Gaming Services with no luck only 0x80073D27

The other day I installed 21H2 via enablement package KB5003791 and a few updates that go with that. Since then I am unable to run any games under game pass.

I have gone into the reg to delete what gaming services that were there and used the powershell to get the gaming services package.

When the xbox app asks i need to install the gaming services via the store i still get the 0x80073D27 error.

I even uninstall the 21H2 feature updates but the same error occurs. The only update i wasn't able to uninstall was the Servicing Stack it installed. Not sure if there is a problem with these. I now have version 10.0.19041.1490. The previous Servicing Stacks listed are 1220,1310 & 1371.

even checked the system integrity with dism.

No idea what else to do, game pass is now unusable.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-05-25T12:06:14+00:00

Close the Xbox app (not minimised in taskbar)

Open up the Powershell in Admin mode and type in the three lines:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers <Enter>

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse <Enter>

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse <Enter>

You may find it can't find one of the registry paths, it doesn't matter.

Reboot pc. This does actually make the difference if it works or not.

You will need to reinstall the gaming services. You can install via the xbox app but found better results via the powershell:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Now no more msgs in the xbox app. Game Pass games now work. Yay!

Until the next Gaming Services update where you will have to do the above procedure again.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-18T13:59:46+00:00

    That looks ok. I just deleted mine again and it is the same text. Though I get that error for GamingServicesNet as it usually doesn't exist. Only on occasion it appears in the registry, which is weird. I am also assuming the " " is translating to French ok?

    Check the registry just to make sure none of the gaming services exist. Then reboot your pc

    If you have the xbox app load on start up (i do) make sure you close it from your taskbar on the right.

    Try to reinstall. See if it hangs in downloading or gives 0x80073D26/D27 error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-18T13:34:59+00:00

    Here is the screenshot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-18T13:07:53+00:00

    Can you enter the 3 lines again and screenshot the powershell and post here so i can see what it is saying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-18T12:16:20+00:00

    I got this error in powershell and the text was red. I tried to download gaming services with your link but it doesn't work whereas xbox was closed. I got a message that the problem come from microsoft and the code 0x80073D27

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments