Banned from Microsoft Community (commenting on an MSN article)

Anonymous
2022-01-05T23:06:17+00:00

* Locked.

I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-01-10T21:38:33+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately the community you are referring to (MSN Community) is separate from this community (Microsoft Community - answers.microsoft.com).

The Microsoft News Community supports diverse, authentic conversations and content about issues and events that matter.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Profile (msn.com)

In this link you can find their guidelines and principles.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Guidelines (msn.com)

You can also share General feedback on this site by clicking the link above, then clicking the Feedback tab in the bottom right corner, and submitting your comments.

Image

Microsoft Community has no influence on permissions, moderation, banning or comment deletion in MSN Community.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-06T03:08:41+00:00

    The board is a very L leaning board. People have been banned for the use of fe male and other words that the bot seems to find offensive. Meanwhile there are posts that blow my socks off and I wonder how the heck they got it past the censor. I have been banned several times, always let back in after a couple of days after a feedback note that I posted nothing that went against the rules. This time, despite the fact that I have never posted that is against the rules that I should be banned for, I am not being let back into the community. It is ridiculous to ban people for using everyday words that have no bad connotations to them but what the ban bot seems to have attached to them. People have gone so far as to post in code to be able to get their posts posted. This is America. We are supposed to have free speech. I don't know who owns or runs the board, but it seems that some can write things that are just hideous and others can't say words like female. I am 62. Yes, I have strong opinions, but I do not espouse them in offensive ways. I agree, the news community board needs to be fixed. Hmmmm...I wonder if this will post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-06T03:10:43+00:00

    That is why you were banned. That is one of the words that will get a person banned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-06T08:55:51+00:00

    I agree sent msg's that were related to the topic that weren't degrading and they get blocked or under review then i sent other msg's there is no way that will pass and they get passed To random for hope im blocked for good had enough of there b.s censored ship wonder if this pass's or gets blocked

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments