Banned from Microsoft Community (commenting on an MSN article)

Anonymous
2022-01-05T23:06:17+00:00

* Locked.

I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-01-10T21:38:33+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately the community you are referring to (MSN Community) is separate from this community (Microsoft Community - answers.microsoft.com).

The Microsoft News Community supports diverse, authentic conversations and content about issues and events that matter.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Profile (msn.com)

In this link you can find their guidelines and principles.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Guidelines (msn.com)

You can also share General feedback on this site by clicking the link above, then clicking the Feedback tab in the bottom right corner, and submitting your comments.

Image

Microsoft Community has no influence on permissions, moderation, banning or comment deletion in MSN Community.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-08T14:48:23+00:00

    This post provides some value as an example of 'off-topic' posts in a comments design. Personalizing, victimhood and projection are natural. When emotion and content are blended back and forth of increasing volatility results. Some users may believe 'motive' can be attached or proved in some way.

    Again, not to criticize but observe, a 'dashboard' approach serves to inform and educate users. RHG's post, suggests more information would help craft posts and maybe relieve the sense of persecution revealed in the comment.

    Again, also, these are works in process, but the improvements are not fanciful or too exotic for ordinary software sifting and machine edit feedback.

    Thanks again to everyone on this string. As my posts suggest, I value comments they inform whether they intend to or not. My only suggestion is improving pre-post information warnings and outcome prediction to help users create better writing and discussion.

    Thanks again to Microsoft for allowing this string some breathing room.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-08T17:46:37+00:00

    Said decision reversed but I'm still banned from commenting, yet people are allowed to repetedly post anti-vaxx nonsense and religious ****. Still don't know why I'm banned but unable to ask.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments