Banned from Microsoft Community (commenting on an MSN article)

Anonymous
2022-01-05T23:06:17+00:00

* Locked.

I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-01-10T21:38:33+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately the community you are referring to (MSN Community) is separate from this community (Microsoft Community - answers.microsoft.com).

The Microsoft News Community supports diverse, authentic conversations and content about issues and events that matter.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Profile (msn.com)

In this link you can find their guidelines and principles.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Guidelines (msn.com)

You can also share General feedback on this site by clicking the link above, then clicking the Feedback tab in the bottom right corner, and submitting your comments.

Image

Microsoft Community has no influence on permissions, moderation, banning or comment deletion in MSN Community.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-12T14:53:54+00:00

    Thanks for a through and fact-oriented contribution. As I posted earlier, it's not the 'end of the world'. What might be a real-world solution?

    MSN Comments might adopt a highlight edit feature. If a word or word series is troublesome the spell checker "moderator" could highlight it and ask if the user can revise to cure the potential violation.

    Easy enough, the user could continue to post a slur or other noxious comment and know beforehand why they have been penalized.

    In fact, a user 'report' card' is also possible. Malicious post could be highlighted, and the green-yellow-red traffic light symbol would indicate overall contribution quality.

    So, in conclusion, there are passive and educational methods to apply 'guardrails' in comments design. What social media has created is a forum where it is also possible to better inform on what is constructive to the platform's goals.

    Thanks here again to Mr. Jones and Microsoft in allowing this discussion and perhaps some consideration of methods to cure the ills of comment features and improve content for everyone's benefit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-12T15:22:37+00:00

    Thank you, but you have missed the point. This is not about guardrails, word choice, or anything of the sort. I was banned from commenting having never posted a comment on anything. From the responses I have received I am not the only one. And as is the usual case, Microsoft is paying no attention to its many problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments