Banned from Microsoft Community (commenting on an MSN article)

Anonymous
2022-01-05T23:06:17+00:00

* Locked.

I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-01-10T21:38:33+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately the community you are referring to (MSN Community) is separate from this community (Microsoft Community - answers.microsoft.com).

The Microsoft News Community supports diverse, authentic conversations and content about issues and events that matter.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Profile (msn.com)

In this link you can find their guidelines and principles.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Guidelines (msn.com)

You can also share General feedback on this site by clicking the link above, then clicking the Feedback tab in the bottom right corner, and submitting your comments.

Image

Microsoft Community has no influence on permissions, moderation, banning or comment deletion in MSN Community.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-12T02:53:51+00:00

    If I cussed and was rude, that would be one thing. I wasn't doing either. In fact, according to the rules I have read, none of what I have posted has been out of the bounds of the rules. The only thing I can see is that my answers do not lean to the far left. They do, at times, lean to the roght. That is not a reason to be banned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-11T01:22:26+00:00

    Well, That's a bit much, isn't it? My goodness - who created all of these rules? Fair enough, there should be a blanket ban on cussing and rude language - but, anything else should be fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-11T01:21:42+00:00

    Well, That's a bit much, isn't it? My goodness - who created all of these rules? Fair enough, there should be a blanket ban on cussing and rude language - but, anything else should be fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments