Banned from Microsoft Community (commenting on an MSN article)

Anonymous
2022-01-05T23:06:17+00:00

* Locked.

I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-01-10T21:38:33+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately the community you are referring to (MSN Community) is separate from this community (Microsoft Community - answers.microsoft.com).

The Microsoft News Community supports diverse, authentic conversations and content about issues and events that matter.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Profile (msn.com)

In this link you can find their guidelines and principles.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Guidelines (msn.com)

You can also share General feedback on this site by clicking the link above, then clicking the Feedback tab in the bottom right corner, and submitting your comments.

Image

Microsoft Community has no influence on permissions, moderation, banning or comment deletion in MSN Community.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-07T18:15:40+00:00

    I think The Guardian news web site still has human moderators because they will interact in real time with commenters. Moreover, their editorial rules mainly forbid threats and abuses, and don't focus on "nailing" offensive words or terms, so there is more freedom to speak. The Guardian is run by Brits, who are generally more literate and well-educated than Americans.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more