Banned from Microsoft Community (commenting on an MSN article)

Anonymous
2022-01-05T23:06:17+00:00

* Locked.

I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-01-10T21:38:33+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately the community you are referring to (MSN Community) is separate from this community (Microsoft Community - answers.microsoft.com).

The Microsoft News Community supports diverse, authentic conversations and content about issues and events that matter.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Profile (msn.com)

In this link you can find their guidelines and principles.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Guidelines (msn.com)

You can also share General feedback on this site by clicking the link above, then clicking the Feedback tab in the bottom right corner, and submitting your comments.

Image

Microsoft Community has no influence on permissions, moderation, banning or comment deletion in MSN Community.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-10T17:33:12+00:00

    Yes it has just happened to me the same as you. I wonder if someone has stolen our identity. I tried to have it looked at but it wouldn't let me. Seems as if there is nothing we can do.. I've looked at all the guidelines. I don't ever remember commenting before but even if I did, none would have been construed badly. I hate to think someone is saying things that must be so bad. It is quite upsetting. I'm 70 this year and not some idiot. Trouble is, we are unable to rectify anything. The only advice I can give is to not alloy other people make you feel bad with this. I will try to put it behind me and ignore these sites. regards Virginia

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T20:46:05+00:00

    Microsoft Start censorship is totally random. I am banned without notice or warning, but I read stuff by others that makes me look like a tea party. I would rather they don't have any commenting if they can't handle it in a fair manner.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-01-06T00:49:22+00:00

    I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

    If you were reading an article on MSN, the ban from commenting

    is not related to this Microsoft Community.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments