Banned from Microsoft Community (commenting on an MSN article)

Anonymous
2022-01-05T23:06:17+00:00

* Locked.

I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-01-10T21:38:33+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately the community you are referring to (MSN Community) is separate from this community (Microsoft Community - answers.microsoft.com).

The Microsoft News Community supports diverse, authentic conversations and content about issues and events that matter.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Profile (msn.com)

In this link you can find their guidelines and principles.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Guidelines (msn.com)

You can also share General feedback on this site by clicking the link above, then clicking the Feedback tab in the bottom right corner, and submitting your comments.

Image

Microsoft Community has no influence on permissions, moderation, banning or comment deletion in MSN Community.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-09T20:43:32+00:00

    Having been banned from MSN 'comments' isn't the end of the world.

    It was fun to have my say in what may have amounted to six other people actually reading any of them.

    What seems like a valid comment, no personal attacks, defaming or abusive intent was first stalled or slowed to limit number of posts then simply turned off.

    As one other here said, what passes for others is far more confrontational. So, it would be nice to have a say, but it seems there may be a way to target commenters with just a number of complaints.

    Maybe after a certain number, regardless of content, a user can get ostracized, not for a guideline issue, but from being targeted?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-19T23:00:25+00:00

    I tried to post a comment and it did not go through because I was "banned". Never used this microsoft platform before and guess I never will again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments