Banned from Microsoft Community (commenting on an MSN article)

Anonymous
2022-01-05T23:06:17+00:00

* Locked.

I was reading an article from Microsoft Edge and noticed in the comment section that I was "banned from making comments" for violating the community standards. I thought, "well that's interesting, I have never made a comment before." I even checked the comment history in my profile and confirmed that I had never commented on anything. Perhaps I got banned for thinking something. Has anyone else encountered this?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Banned from Microsoft Community

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-01-10T21:38:33+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately the community you are referring to (MSN Community) is separate from this community (Microsoft Community - answers.microsoft.com).

The Microsoft News Community supports diverse, authentic conversations and content about issues and events that matter.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Profile (msn.com)

In this link you can find their guidelines and principles.

Trusted Community Engagement and Contributions | Guidelines (msn.com)

You can also share General feedback on this site by clicking the link above, then clicking the Feedback tab in the bottom right corner, and submitting your comments.

Image

Microsoft Community has no influence on permissions, moderation, banning or comment deletion in MSN Community.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T20:46:05+00:00

    Microsoft Start censorship is totally random. I am banned without notice or warning, but I read stuff by others that makes me look like a tea party. I would rather they don't have any commenting if they can't handle it in a fair manner.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-17T16:15:16+00:00

    I was banned the minute no, second I hit the join button having never read or posted before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-10T22:33:07+00:00

    Actually what I am referring to is the MICROSOFT NEWS COMMUNITY (taken directly from the page). I access it through the MICROSOFT START page which apparently came with my Microsoft desktop account. As far as I know I have never commented anything and certainly not with anything offensive. Honestly, I don't care if I am banned as the COMMENTS section of most articles are for entertainment purposes only. I just thought it strange I would be banned when I haven't done anything. Perhaps Microsoft knows what we are thinking...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments