I fixed it using the powershell command back on March 31, and it just started happening again today. The fix didn't work this time but I haven't tried restarting the machine yet.
The error “The specified module could not be found” happening in Windows 11
Upgraded one of my desktop PCs to Windows 11. I have a 2nd desktop still running Windows 10
On the Windows 11 desktop the “The specified module could not be found” error occurs. I notice that the error happens when attempting to access a jpeg or mp4
The error can be fixed in cmd window with these commands
C:\Windows\system32> gpupdate /force
C:\Windows\system32> sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
C:\Windows\system32> sfc /scannow
C:\Windows\system32> exit
Restart
Unfortunately, the error eventually re-occurs on my Windows 11 desktop.
This error has never occurred on my Windows 10 desktop.
So, I'm beginning to think that this may be a "Windows 11" bug
Anyone else getting this error?
If so, have you found a permanent solution?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-04-06T20:41:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-04-21T15:53:06+00:00 I have had this same issue as well and it's driving me nuts.
Only started appearing once I upgraded to Windows 11 when Microsoft advertised it on my PC.
The only thing I have noticed for certain is that this issue pertains specifically to opening images or audio files through the windows file explorer. I can still open an image if it's on my Desktop, or if I go into Task Manager and Restart Windows Explorer. Curious if the rest of you having this issue are noticing the same behavior. But I've been dealing with this for months now and i really just want it to get fixed
-
Anonymous
2022-04-21T16:30:52+00:00 I was getting the error opening a jpg with "Photos" or an mp4 with "Movies & TV" - I could however continue to open jpg with Paint and movies with Quicktime. The error kept re-emerging after doing a "fix" - I did all of the fixes mentioned in this thread (except for the advice to re-install all of the drivers on my PC, when I got that advice from a Microsoft reply I concluded that they had no idea of root cause). The last time I got the error it was resolved after doing a Norton full system scan and Win11 updates - that was back in early March - the error has not re-emerged. I don't really know what caused the error or what has hopefully fixed it, wish I could be more helpful.
-
Anonymous
2022-04-27T19:39:03+00:00 For the people with the error: "The specified procedure could not be found" when opening a picture with the MS photo app:
If you get the error, is it (temporary) fixed when you just restart 'explorer'?
(Open task manager -> search for: 'Windows Explorer'. Click on it, then click on: 'Restart'.)
Then open a picture that give the error (without restarting the pc).
Is the picture showing without the error now?
Thanks!
-
Anonymous
2022-04-29T07:56:49+00:00 The error comes and goes a bug in Microsoft's New movie app. Simple restart pf explorer or laptop. Till that bug gets fixed I have switched over to vlc player till the bugs get fixed